Thursday, October 7, 2010

*REREAD* The Immortal Highlander by Karen Marie Moning

The Immortal Highlander
(The Highland Series Book # 6)
by Karen Marie Moning

Genre: Paranormal Romance Fantasy

For eons Adam Black has aided humanity and meddled in its affairs, much to the chagrin of the queen of the Seelie Court. He has finally pushed her too far and finds himself, a once powerful Fae, invisible and very human. But he is still as resourceful as ever, and finds a way to reach the queen and plea to have his curse lifted with the help of a young lawyer, Gabrielle O'Callaghan, a human born with the ability to see his kind. As old enemies yearn to take advantage of his weakened state, threatening his life and all existence, Adam discovers that Gabrielle threatens a heart he never thought he had.

Adam, an ancient Tuatha Dé Fae suffering under a new mortal status, is confronted with a single Sidhe-seer (pronounced "shee-seer" and refers to one who can see the Fae realm and its inhabitants), Gabrielle. Thinking he can have a little fun with her while being punished in the human world, Adam is shocked to learn she not only doesn't wish for his amorous attention, but doesn't want anything to do with him at all. This sensual game between them intensifies when Hunters show up not only for Gabby, but also Adam. Now, they are both on the run in hopes of revealing a dark traitor to the Queen of the Tuatha Dé Fae's Seelie Court, Aoibheal (pronounced "Ah-veel"), before times run out. Only problem - Adam is being punished by having no connections to the Fae realm and Gabrielle is the only one who can see him . . . thus they must work together in order to survive.

This Highlander Series has been a constant go-to selection for me to re-read, for years. I adore her intriguing characters and can always fall back into the interesting stories of her couples. Great story telling never gets boring! My favorite book would still be The Dark Highlander, but The Immortal Highlander comes in at a close second. What prompted me to re-read this time was the fact my friend borrowed all my Fever Series books, thus I wanted to get caught up with the mischievous beginnings of Darroc, who eventually becomes the dark Lord & Master (I'll stop right there for those not up-to-date in the Fever Series).

I am happy I re-read this one, again! The story flows smoothly, the wrighting makes you smile, the romance is smoldering, and the characters are addicting . . . what couldn't be better? It makes me wish, upon finishing, that there were many many more Highlander books coming out by KMM, but sadly I'll have to wait till the final Mac tale is released in Janaury to get my Fae/Highlander fix . . . like the rest of the world.

Likes: Having all my favorite chacracters in the same MacKeltar castle . . . yummy!

Dislikes: Gwen & Chloe kind of rubbed me the wrong way, almost too accepting of the paranormal world they live in and sickingly happy in marriage. I didn't know what I was expecting, but it was almost too syrupy sweet with a cherry on top for my taste.

Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's all about the friendly conversation here at Books To Bury Yourself In :)

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.