Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday Blog Hops

TGIF is hosted by Ginger at GReads!

This Friday's Question:
Cast Your Own Story:
If you could use existing characters from some of your favorite books to create a new story, who would be in it?


I think it would be interesting to see a combination of characters from The Generation Dead series placed within the setting of The Forest and Hands & Teeth series. 

Fully functioning (though slightly impaired) "normal" zombie teenagers thrown within a horrific monstrous, post-apocalyptic world full of crazed horrifying zombies.  I could imagine some interesting (and yet witty/comidic) POVs from a zombie perspective while still containing that chilling fright-factor effect for the reader. 

It'd be a perfect mixture of suspense, creeping dread, and humor (from a personal zombie outlook).


Feature & Follow is hosted by Alison Can Read and Parajunkee

Welcome to the Feature & Follow #100!!!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!
No question this Friday, just a celebration of reaching 100 F&F Fridays, congrats Ladies! In honor of this, there are lots of giveaways going on - good luck everyone.



  18 & Over Book Blogger Follow is hosted by Reading Between the Wines

Question of the Week: 
 If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go for a 'readcation'?

Internationally, I would go to any of the south islands in Thailand (preferably Ko Pha Ngan or Krabi) and lounge on the beach all day under an umbrella, with a drink, my ipod and a juicy read. I've done that twice in my life already and I never get tired of it!!




22 comments:

  1. I love you blog!!! I am a new follower!!!

    Elle@ http://lovebigreadbig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elle.

      Thanks for hopping by and following. :)

      Cheers,
      Johanna

      Delete
  2. I am a new follower GFC Michelle L.Lynn @http://concisebookreviewsbymichelle.blogspot.com/

    Love your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Michelle.

      Thanks for visiting. Have a wonderful weekend.

      Cheers,
      Johanna

      Delete
  3. I'm a new follower via GFC and wish you a wonderful weekend! Feel free to visit me whenever you get a chance.

    http://wowfromthescarfprincess.blogspot.com/2012/06/feature-follow-friday-w-giveaway.html

    The Scarf Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome!

      Adorable blog title.
      Thanks for coming by.

      Cheers,
      Johanna

      Delete
  4. Hopping through! new follower. http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/06/follow-and-featture-friday-special.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Friday Jenn.

      Can't wait to check out your weekly features.

      Cheers,
      Johanna

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Woo-hoo! I love fellow paranormal blogs.

      Cheers for the visit!
      Johanna

      Delete
  6. Happy 100th FF! Great Feature. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm a new follower! :D

    J.B.
    http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting me back! :) Johanna

      Delete
  7. New GFC follower---never thought of Thailand, but it sounds beautiful. Of course the beaches would NEVER get old. Prefer that to a pool anyday!
    Here's mine:
    http://csmaxwell.blogspot.com/2012/06/18-and-older-book-blogger-follow_08.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I so wish I was at the beach now ;)

      Cheers for visiting,
      Johanna

      Delete
  8. OMG--just glanced over at your profile and saw that you live in New Orleans---Are you planning on going to AAD in August? I will so be there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'll be there.

      Cannot wait to meet Jeaniene Frost!!!

      Delete
  9. HI, I am new to F&F. I love the blog and followed on gfc.

    Kate (http://readingunderthewillowtree.blogspot.co.uk/)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Saturday Kate. Thanks for following. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. New follower! Thanks for stopping by. Loving the look of your blog! I hope you had a fantastic weekend <3

    MaryAnn
    Chapter by Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh, your CYOS idea sounds really interesting!
    - Molly @ The Paralian Girl
    http://mollydrury.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. New follower over here ^^ I love your blog header!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks again everyone for such a fun blog hop!!

    ReplyDelete

It's all about the friendly conversation here at Books To Bury Yourself In :)

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Be sure to check back again because I do make every effort to reply to your comments here.