As book bloggers, we are always reviewing a current book or posting about an upcoming series, but I am interested to see what books we hold on to for our personal/permanent library. So, be spontaneous and randomly choose a book from your bookshelf...answer the questions below and share your random selection with fellow bloggers.
by Jo Beverley
- Have you read this book before? Yes. Funny enough, as soon as I picked up this book, I remembered exactly where I first read it: my 14-hour Trans-Siberian train ride from China to Mongolia. Nothing but a view of the Gobi desert, my top bed bunk and a book to keep me entertained.
- Can you do a one sentence summary? An "enemy" of the family is invited for a festive Christmas gathering.
- Do you like the cover? For a seasonal book, its kind of blah. But there is a gold bow and a toasty fire on the cover, so I guess their is some festive spirit. They should have put some holly around the fireplace mantle though!
- What is the first full sentence on page 100? "These are the pieces of the stable."
- Share something about the author. Jo Beverley is one the few authors writing English-set historical romance who is English.